- Secure connection›In this video, we’re going to use FileZilla to make a secure connection to our host server. Now, the obvious reason to use a secure connection in transferring files to and from your computer and server is to help prevent the bad people from accessing your files.
- Trunsfer files›This video is going to demonstrate just how easy it is to transfer files to your server from your computer and from your server back down to your computer. First, we’re going to open up FileZilla and connect to this.
- Webhosting›In order for you to own and build on a website, you’re going to need at least a couple of things. You’ll need a domain name, you’ll need a tool to get or transfer files from your computer to your website and from your website to your company and you’re going to need what is called webhosting.
- What is FTP?›What is FTP? Well, FTP is short for file transfer protocol. And as we can see here, there’s a whole lot of information here about file transfer protocol. Now, if you’re familiar with working on the internet at all, you’re more than likely familiar with a different protocol and that’s the HTTP.
- Introduction to cPanel›Hello and welcome to the introduction to cPanel. cPanel is a graphical web-based, web hosting control panel designed to simplify administration of websites. You might even hear the term GUI’s from time to time to describe cPanel and basically that just stands for graphical user interface.